Saturday, May 10, 2008

Flying Tigers Jacket

Last night it was unusually cold out for this time of year here, so I wore my LL Bean "Flying Tigers" jacket.

I know some A-2 enthusiasts who don't appreciate jackets that are inspired by the A-2, but lack the military specifications (like no side entry hand pockets etc.). I gotta say I love my LL Bean flight jacket. It's comfortable goatskin with a Thinsulate lining, and while it has the A-2 look, it's not as "stiff" - it's a great jacket for wearing out on a night on the town. It looks good with jeans or khakis, and can be worn to work or the bar. And mine (which I bought 3 years ago) has only gotten more comfortable with age, while still looking new and great (LL Bean does make good products in general). It's become like my favorite pair of jeans.

I'm not sure if the jackets currently being sold by LL Bean are exactly the same as mine (I hear they are no longer made in the USA) but based on the wear I've gotten out of mine (it'll probably hold up for life if I take care of it) I definitely recommend looking into one.


No comments: